[m-dev.] for review: rename base_type_* to type_ctor_* (part 1/2)

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Mar 18 04:44:01 AEDT 1999

On 17-Mar-1999, Tyson Dowd <trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> During the writing of the RTTI paper, we decided that type_ctor_info
> was a much better name than base_type_info.
>
> Rename base_type* as type_ctor*, except we don't rename the modules
> base_type_info and base_type_layout just yet.

The sed script you posted has

	s/type_ctor_info__/base_type_info__/g
	s/type_ctor_layout__/base_type_layout__/g

so it looks there are some additional exceptions.
Could you explain why?

The log message should include names of the files changed,
or at least wildcard patterns such as `compiler/*.m' that
match all the modified files.

Did you modify util/mdemangle.c and profiler/demangle.m?

I didn't look at most of the changes in any detail, but if they were
applied by automatic application of the above sed script, and it
bootstraps, then I'm happy.  If there were changes other than
ones resulting from the sed script, it would be nice if we could
see a separate diff for those.

> Also base_typeclass_info
> remains the same because nobody has suggested a better name for it.

How about `instance_defn_info'?