[m-dev.] Graphical debugger for Mercury

Erwan Jahier Erwan.Jahier at irisa.fr
Wed Mar 17 19:57:55 AEDT 1999

| Thanks heaps for making that available.  I downloaded it yesterday and today
| managed to get it working (compiling programs with the debug grade didn't
| seem to work --- I had to use `--trace deep' instead, which took me a while
| to figure out).

Indeed I never to get it working by compiling in a debug grade. I thought my
recent change on configure would solve that problem but I didn't manage to
compile the mercury compiler in a debug grade since this change (disk space
problems). I try it again now.

BTW, does someone see any reason why we are able to execute a program under the
control of Opium-M by compiling it with "mmc --trace deep" and not by compiling
it with "mmc -s asm_fast.gc.tr.debug"?

| Anyway, just now I see there's a newer version available, along with a demo.

Well the new version just fix problems during the Installation process that
was occurring at Mireille's machine; so if it worked for you with the first one,
I don't think you need to download the newest version.

| I'll probably download them tomorrow and try them out, and if I have the
| same problems I'll give you some more details so you we can try to figure
| out what's going wrong.

This demo is stuff I reused from a tutorial I made for the ARGo project
partners... 5 months ago; I have not fully retested it. I made this available
because one of the example of the documentation is taken from there. It would
certainly need to be cleaned-up.

--
R1.