[m-dev.] for review: new debugger command set (part 2 of 4)

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Oct 8 11:56:56 AEST 1998

On 08-Oct-1998, Mark Anthony BROWN <dougl at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > + at node Tracing of Mercury programs
> > > + at section Tracing of Mercury programs
> > > +
> > > +The Mercury debugger is based on a modified version of the box model
> > > +on which the four-port debuggers of most Prolog systems are based.
> > > +Such debuggers abstract the execution of a program
> > > +into a sequence or @emph{trace} of execution events of various kinds.
> >
> > s/or/of
> > s/of/or
> >
> > (you'll know what I mean when you read it).
> >

> That depends on how we wish to define the word ``trace''.  Which of the
> following should be considered correct usage?
>
> i) ... a trace of execution events ...
> ii) ... a sequence of trace events ...
>
> If i) then then text could stay as it is; if ii) then it should change.

You are correct, it can be read both ways!

But if left as is, I think it should be paranthesized.

--
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.     - Benjamin Franklin

Tyson Dowd   <tyson at tyse.net>   http://tyse.net