[m-dev.] for review: mercury-compiler.lsm

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Nov 18 20:43:54 AEDT 1998

On 18-Nov-1998, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> Tyson, I uploaded the following to sunsite as `mercury_compiler.lsm';
> perhaps you should review it?
> This is the same as the one for 0.7 except for
> the date, file names, and file sizes.
>
> --------------------
>
> Begin3
> Title:          mercury
> Version:        0.8
> Entered-date:   18NOV98
>                 Mercury is a new logic/functional programming language,
>                 which combines the clarity and expressiveness of
>                 declarative programming with advanced static analysis
>                 and error detection features. Its highly optimized
>                 execution algorithm delivers efficiency far in excess of
>                 existing logic programming systems, and close to
>                 conventional programming systems. Mercury addresses the
>                 problems of large-scale program development, allowing
>                 modularity, separate compilation, and numerous
>                 optimization/time trade-offs.
> Author:         mercury at cs.mu.oz.au (The Mercury Team)
> Maintained-by:  mercury at cs.mu.oz.au (The Mercury Team)
> Primary-site:   sunsite.unc.edu /pub/linux/devel/lang/mercury
>                 1397 mercury-compiler.lsm
>                 6.0MB mercury-compiler-0.8.tar.gz
>                 6.0MB mercury-compiler-0.8.tar.gz
> Platforms:      i386, PPC, Alpha (others possible but untested with
>                 Linux), gcc 2.6.3 or higher, GNU make 3.69 or higher
> Copying-policy: GPL+LGPL
> End

Supposedly we have an m68k port but it is untested.

Apart from that it looks fine.

--

Because I dislike being quoted I lie almost constantly when talking
about my work.

Tyson Dowd   <tyson at tyse.net>   http://tyse.net/