[m-dev.] Help committing

Warwick Harvey wharvey at cs.monash.edu.au
Thu Jun 18 14:37:44 AEST 1998

Fergus writes:
> > The other kind of message I'm getting is
> >
> > File `max_test.exp' appears to have no copyright message
> > Commit anyway? [n]
> >
> > Except that it's not waiting for me to answer the question, it's just taking
> > the default of "n" and proceeding, which kinda leaves me stranded.
>
> There is unfortunately no easy way for the commit check script to query
> you interactively if you're using remote cvs.
>
> The ideal fix for this would be to ... ah, never mind, it's nearly as easy
> for me to do it as describe it.  I'll commit the following change now.
> Please test it.

I don't think it worked as intended.  :-)  First I tried without the extra
option, partly just to make sure I was still up-to-date.  I was a little
surprised when it continued with the commit, with none of the expected
warning or error messages (i.e. it didn't even say it was fixing the groups,
though all the repository files do seem to have the correct group).  What I
did get was:

cvs server: commitinfo:21: no such user variable ${=commit_opts}
cvs server: commitinfo:21: no such user variable ${=commit_opts}
cvs server: commitinfo:21: no such user variable ${=commit_opts}
cvs server: commitinfo:21: no such user variable ${=commit_opts}

... and then RCS's messages as it started checking things in.

Warwick