[m-dev.] Help: Changes to memory zone allocation affecting my changes

Thomas Charles CONWAY conway at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Jun 15 08:18:24 AEST 1998

Fergus Henderson, you write:
> Regarding your other questions hopefully Tom will have something to say ;-)

All I've got to say is that if you are expecting to do many concurrent
allocations on the global heap (ie in multiple threads), you'll probably
need to create one global heap per MercuryEngine (ie create a new field
in the structure, like the trail field). Otherwise, you'll need to create
a lock and perform locking across allocations on the global heap.

Thomas
--
Thomas Conway <conway at cs.mu.oz.au>
Nail here [] for new monitor.  )O+