[m-dev.] io__make_err_msg

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Jul 6 15:10:42 AEST 1998

> io__make_err_msg doesn't have a Prolog implementation, which means that you
> can't use Sicstus to debug the compiler. So... does anyone know how it should
> be implemented in Prolog? I guess it could just return nothing, but there may
> be a better way using some Sicstus system call I don't know about.

I suspect that making it return its argument would be a close enough
approximation for our own internal use.

> On a related note, are we going to continue with this policy of providing
> Sicstus versions of all library preds defined in C? With the new debugger it
> will not be necessary, so when are we going to stop doing so?

When you can rely upon mdb to debug the compiler. The implementation of the
proposed command set is almost complete. In addition, I just talked to Ian,
and he intends to try to get a usable version of portray done by friday.
Overall, I would say sometime in August.

Zoltan.