[m-dev.] for review: enhancements to mtags script

David Matthew Overton dmo at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Jul 6 17:17:39 AEST 1998

On Mon, Jul 06, 1998 at 04:55:39PM +1000, Andrew Bromage wrote:

> Quite a few times, there appears this construction:
>
> > +		    $_ = <srcfile>;
> > +		    chop;
> > +		    $body = $_;
>
> Wouldn't it be simpler (and cleaner) to use this?
>
> 	$body = <srcfile>;
> 	chop $body;

Probably.  I just copied the style that was already in the script,
assuming that the person who originally wrote it must have known what
they were doing better than a Perl newbie like me.

David
--
David Overton
MEngSc Student                       Email: dmo at cs.mu.oz.au
Department of Computer Science       Web: http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~dmo
The University of Melbourne          Phone: +61 3 9344 9159