[m-dev.] for review: new method of handling failures, part 7 of 6 :-(

Tyson Dowd trd at stimpy.cs.mu.oz.au
Fri Jul 3 20:16:33 AEST 1998

On 03-Jul-1998, Zoltan Somogyi <zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

> > Apparently you haven't done a `cvs add' for cut_test.m
> > and cut_test.exp?  At any rate, they didn't appear in the diff.
>
> This is what Tyson's makediff script does.

It doesn't know about files you don't add.  If you did add them,
then it's a bug.

At any rate, it's actually better to add "-N" to your .cvsrc diff
command (e.g. have the line "diff -u -N"), because -N generates patches
for non-existant files (which I didn't know about when I wrote
makediff).

--
       Tyson Dowd           # "Bill Gates is a white persian cat and a monocle
                            # away from becoming another James Bond villan."