for review: add mercury_opengl library

Tyson Dowd trd at stimpy.cs.mu.oz.au
Thu Feb 19 17:36:55 AEDT 1998

On 16-Feb-1998, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> On 16-Feb-1998, Tyson Dowd <trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> > extras/graphics/mercury_opengl/*
>
> Would it be better to use the directory name `opengl'?

Well, maybe, but I think not, because it isn't an OpenGL implementation,
it's an OpenGL binding to Mercury.

> > extras/graphics/mercury_opengl/HOWTO:
> > extras/graphics/mercury_opengl/mercury_opengl.m:
> > extras/graphics/mercury_opengl/mglu.m:
> > extras/graphics/mercury_opengl/mogl.m:
> > extras/graphics/mercury_opengl/mtogl.m:
> > extras/graphics/mercury_opengl/tkConsole.c:
> > extras/graphics/mercury_opengl/tkFont.h:
> > extras/graphics/mercury_opengl/tkInt4.0.h:
> > extras/graphics/mercury_opengl/tkInt4.1.h:
> > extras/graphics/mercury_opengl/tkInt4.2.h:
> > extras/graphics/mercury_opengl/tkInt8.0.h:
> > extras/graphics/mercury_opengl/tkInt8.0p2.h:
> > extras/graphics/mercury_opengl/tkPort.h:
> > extras/graphics/mercury_opengl/tkWin.h:
> > extras/graphics/mercury_opengl/tkWinInt.h:
> > extras/graphics/mercury_opengl/tkWinPort.h:
> > extras/graphics/mercury_opengl/togl.c:
> > extras/graphics/mercury_opengl/togl.h:
> > 	Same old .m files (except mercury_opengl.m), new Mmakefile,
> > 	new LICENSEs, updated version of Togl.
>
> Are you moving the .m files from extras/graphics to
> extras/graphics/mercury_opengl, or are you adding new copies?
> The log message isn't clear.

Yes, and adding new files. Everything will live in subdirectories
eventually, only a README file will be in the graphics directory.
However, I'm not moving them just yet - I'll add this first,
then delete the old files. (I still need to add all the sample
programs).

> > New File: extras/graphics/mercury_opengl/HOWTO
> > 	# Tell mmake to use the `mercury_tcltk' library.
> > 	VPATH           = $(MERCURY_TCLTK_DIR):$(MMAKE_VPATH)
> > 	MCFLAGS         = -I$(MERCURY_TCLTK_DIR) $(EXTRA_MCFLAGS)
> > 	MLFLAGS         = -R$(MERCURY_TCLTK_DIR) $(EXTRA_MLFLAGS) \
> > 			  -L$(MERCURY_TCLTK_DIR)
> > 	MLLIBS          = -lmercury_tk $(EXTRA_MLLIBS)
>
> Should that be `-lmercury_tcltk'?

Yes. As you point out in your other mail, this is also a cut and
paste job, that I forgot to update for mercury_opengl (good reason
to work on only one similar change at a time).

> > New File: extras/graphics/mercury_opengl/Mmakefile
> >
> > MAIN_TARGET = all
> >
> > MLOBJS		= togl.pic_o
>
> I think that should be `togl.o', not `togl.pic_o'.
> ml will link with togl.pic_o anyway.
> See "Using Libraries" in the user guide.

It should. This was when there were bugs with handling .pic_o,
which have since been mostly fixed.

> > all: togl.pic_o libmercury_opengl
>
> Should be just
> 	all: libmercury_opengl