[m-dev.] [for review] HTML doc on bytecode file format.

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.oz.au
Tue Apr 8 14:10:02 AEST 1997

Bert Thompson, you wrote:

> |Is there a reason why this is capitalised, whereas every other html file
> |is in lowercase?
>
> The most of the others are all uppercase, in fact. I'd noted the
> inconsistency.

The files were originally uppercase because originally they
were in the `compiler' directory; they needed to be uppercase
to avoid getting lost.

Now that they are in a different directory, all lowercase is probably
a better idea.  But it is not an important issue.

> |Lots of ???s and XXXs. I think you should keep the documentation off the
> |webpage until it's a little bit surer of itself.

I think that at least some parts of the developer web page should not
be "public".  It is probably best if it is on the webpage but not
linked to.

> These are docs for the developers, afterall, and hence should have no
> pretense to perfection.

Indeed.  I'd much rather imperfect documentation than none at all.

> [*] You may already have noted some obsolescence in the docs in compiler/notes.

I'm not aware of it; any such obsolenscence should be treated as a bug.