[m-dev.] [for review] HTML doc on bytecode file format.

Tyson Richard DOWD trd at students.cs.mu.oz.au
Tue Apr 8 11:27:45 AEST 1997

> Anyone,
>
> Much obliged if someone could review this.

Did someone end up reviewing this? I didn't get the mail if so, but my
mail is a bit stuffed.

> @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
> Estimated hours taken: 0.5
>
> Translated a plain text document describing the bytecode into HTML.
> It currently has some rough edges, but should serve as the definitive
> spec of the bytecode format.
>
> This document is also a good place to specify the abstract machine for
> interpreting bytecode and the operational semantics of each bytecode
> instruction. Neither of these is yet done (except as some code!).
>
> www/developer/Bytecode.html:
> 	Added this file.

Is there a reason why this is capitalised, whereas every other html file
is in lowercase?

> <li> enter_commit (19)
> 	<ul>
> 	<li> temp (short) <br>
> 		XXX: what's this for?
> 	</ul>
> 	XXX: how does this work?

Lots of ???s and XXXs. I think you should keep the documentation off the
webpage until it's a little bit surer of itself.

You diff didn't show you linking Bytecode.html from documentation.html,
but you did so in your committed change. Can you undo that?

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #             Sign on refridgerator: