[m-dev.] [for review] changes to install_webpage

Tyson Richard DOWD trd at hydra.cs.mu.oz.au
Thu Apr 3 12:28:10 AEST 1997

> Tyson,
>
> Could you please review this change. Please also look at
> compiler/notes/Mmakefile. It wasn't possible to test the
> Mmakfile without first checking it in. 8^(
>
> Bert

It's a touch easier if you include a copy of compiler/notes/Mmakefile
with your diff, for the record and for the reviewers ease.

The Mmakefile looks fine, however, and so does the install_webpage.

You actually can test the install_script and Mmakefile without checking
in new versions. You need to
	- change the DIR and INSTALL_DIR to some harmless temporary
	  directory
	- comment out the `rm -rf mercury' line
	- run install_webpage
	- copy your changes to this directory (eg
	  	cp compiler/notes/Mmakefile $DIR/mercury/compiler/notes/
		with the temporary $DIR)
	- run install_webpage again

The second run will do a `cvs co', but that will be an update, since the
directory is still there (we commented out the rm), so your changes will
be used, since updates keep any local changes.

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #             Sign on refridgerator: