[m-users.] No rule to make target

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Sat May 29 00:14:33 AEST 2021

Hi Carlos,

On Thu, 27 May 2021, Carlos de la Villa wrote:

> Thanks for the assist Julien. I downloaded mercury-srcdist-20.06.1 and
> unpacked inside my cygwin terminal, version 3.2.0(0.340/5/3) as seen
> after running `uname -r`. I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 20H2, OS
> Build 19042.985. I have both gcc and clang installed in this
> environment and gave no flags to the configuration script so I'm
> unsure which C compiler it's invoking by default. I once tried the
> flag --with-llds-base-grade=none after some research but saw no
> difference in result.

Since you didn't provide any flags to the configure script, make install
will try to install Mercury in /usr/local/mercury-20.06.  I suspect the
problem may simply be not having permission to write to /usr/local in
Cygwin.

You can use configure's --prefix option to set an alternative
installation directory that you do have permission to write to.

Julien.