[m-users.] C include dir

Sean Charles (emacstheviking) objitsu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 00:24:03 AEST 2021

Sometimes Haskell dies in a sea of camel cased nonsense, at least for me. Some Haskell code is so tight with monads and $, >>=, arrows, that it looks like somebody stuck a kilo of C4 into a PDF file.

As much as Mercury feels long winded and verbose, it’s imminently readable and utterly clear in what it says it thinks you are telling it you want it to do, and it catches your foul ups and if Haskell had ‘-E’ it would be a better world.

Long live hackery!

> On 21 Apr 2021, at 15:21, Volker Wysk <post at volker-wysk.de> wrote:
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 21.04.2021, 10:19 +0100 schrieb Sean Charles
> (emacstheviking):
>> Excellent fix, I will use that myself as I plan to dive into SDL2 and Cairo at some point, plus the help I received from Julien F. About how to use libraries from the examples means things are looking interesting indeed.
>>
>> I blogged once that my perfect language would be a cross between Haskell and Prolog… imagine then finding Mercury!
>
> Exactly!  :-)
>
> The only thing is, I like Haskell syntax better. It's very elegant.
>
> Bye
> Volker
>

>> :)
>>
>> Sean
>>
>>> On 21 Apr 2021, at 10:17, Volker Wysk <post at volker-wysk.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Am Mittwoch, den 21.04.2021, 10:08 +0100 schrieb Sean Charles
>>> (emacstheviking):

>>> You're right, "-I" is already in use.
>>>
>>> However, one can make do like this:
>>>
>>> INC=`pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0 | sed 's/-I/--c-include-dir /g'`
>>>

>>> Bye,
>>> Volker