[m-users.] Suggestion: hash_table should use a hash function instead of a hash predicate

Mark Brown mark at mercurylang.org
Wed Sep 30 14:00:47 AEST 2020

Hi all,

Does using a combined higher-order type and inst help here, instead of
switching to a function? Then the inst for hash tables would just be
unique (or ground, with the current workaround for the lack of nested
uniqueness), and code that sensibly uses the current interface should
keep working.

Speaking of the lack of nested uniqueness, maybe version_hash_table is
a better choice for a recursive data structure? It does not require
uniqueness.

Cheers,
Mark