[m-users.] Support for vanilla prolog

Tomas By tomas at basun.net
Fri May 29 20:58:17 AEST 2020

"Optional typing" sounds a bit like "partial virginity".

There are various Prolog typing systems but you are still going to be
stuck with a massive runtime system, a database you may not really
need, and presumably endless debugging with no assistance.

Libraries is not a strong argument. It is fairly easy to integrate
Mercury with C or Java (by changing the back-end).

It is also pretty easy to use Prolog data with Mercury, as they have
similar syntax.

Other than that, yes you have two options: forget Mercury or ditch Prolog.

/Tomas