[m-users.] Unicode via glib

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Thu Oct 17 00:28:13 AEDT 2019

Hi,

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019, Volker Wysk wrote:

> Has it occured to Mercury folks to use the glib library for unicode
> support?

Well, not specifically glib.  ICU or GNU libunistring would probably be
more appropriate since they don't have all the other stuff that glib
has.

As far as the standard library goes, I would not want to add a dependency
on an external library.  (I would have no objection to including such an
interface as part of extras distribution.)

> Interfacing to glib would probably be easy.

Yes, based on a quick look at it, I think so.

Julien.