[m-users.] Spacemacs layer and Emacs major mode improvements

Ludvig Böklin ludvig.boklin at protonmail.com
Fri Mar 29 22:59:20 AEDT 2019

Hi, while trying to learn a bit about Mercury I found the lack of a good Emacs major mode and Spacemacs layer a bit bothersome, so I took it upon myself to improve on (one of) the former and create the latter, for those interested.

Spacemacs layer: https://gitlab.com/lboklin/mercury-layer
metal-mercury-mode PR: https://github.com/ahungry/metal-mercury-mode/pull/2

Indentation still leaves something to be desired and may not be to everyone's liking (and I see now that it doesn't follow the official style guide (http://www.mercurylang.org/development/developers/coding_standards.html).. but it can be toggled off with `M-x mercury-indentation-mode RET`.

Any criticisms or contributions are welcome, especially as I don't speak (e)lisp very well.

I'd love to have/write an auto-formatter in Mercury (elm-format showed me how invaluable it can be), but that seems like a sizeable project I'd never see all the way through, knowing myself.

Regards,
Ludvig