[m-users.] My contribution

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Thu Mar 28 16:27:21 AEDT 2019

Hi

I've found out, what's going wrong. In the "install" make target, in extras/
posix/Makefile, there is  a stale "posix_workarounds.o":

.PHONY: install
install: posix_workarounds.o
        $(MMC) --make lib$(TARGET).install

As you've written, posix_workarounds.[hc] has been removed, but here it is
still being mentioned.

Am Donnerstag, 28. März 2019, 00:02:35 CET schrieb Zoltan Somogyi:
> On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 18:41:33 +0100, Volker Wysk <post at volker-wysk.de> wrote:
> > I've cloned the latest GIT repository using
> >
> >     git clone https://github.com/Mercury-Language/mercury.git
> >
> > and in the extras/posix directory, there posix_workarounds.[ch] files are
> > missing.
>
> That is because a change last friday deleted them.
>
> Have a look at the git log.
>
> > The posix library doesn't build.
>
> It does on my machine. If it doesn't on yours, you need to tell us
> exactly what the problem is. "Doesn't build" is a useless bug report.

It doesn't build, because posix_workarounds.[hc] are missing, that's what I
meant to say.

Bye
Volker