[m-users.] "posix" extra library won't compile

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Fri Mar 15 16:29:31 AEDT 2019

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019, Julien Fischer wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Mar 2019, Volker Wysk wrote:

>>>  I've downloaded the latest r.o.d.t. and am compiling Mercury now. So I
>>>  can
>>>  find out if I can reproduce that you can't reproduce the problem. :-)
>>>
>>>  This will take another two-and-a-half hours.
>>
>>  I've installed the new mercury version, but the problem still occurs.
>
> The ROTDs haven't updated yet.  The second issue you are encountering
> appears to be due to changes to glibc.

Actually, not glibc, the explanation is about half way down:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ToolChain/CompilerFlags?action=show&redirect=CompilerFlags#-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2

It seems Ubuntu have started making the C compile with
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 by default and that will reject calls to open()
without a mode argument.

Julien.