[m-users.] Bootstrapping issues

M McDonough foolkingcrown at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 02:25:14 AEST 2019

 > "M", Peter Wang,
>
> My laptop has been melting for the last hour or so now, I downloaded and
built latest ROTD and it's all going well if "htop" is to be believed!!
Being a glutton I've built all the grades just in case, I mean you never
know, I am a terrible hacker and fiddler of stuff!

> Thanks for all the good replies.
>
> Sean
I would recommend only building a few grades, and not just letting
configure do it's thing. If you're new to Mercury, then usually just
something like

--enable-libgrades=hlc.gc,none.gc.stseg,none.gc.debug.stseg

would get you started. Otherwise, you get lots of redundant grades, and
trailing grades (which you shouldn't use unless you know why you need
them). There are also decldebug grades, profdeep grades for profiling, and
memprof for memory profiling, and spf grades for single-precision floats,
but those come in useful less often.