[m-users.] Log parsing benchmark

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Sun Jun 23 12:38:02 AEST 2019

On Sun, 23 Jun 2019, Peter Wang wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 03:17:57 -0500, Julian Fondren <jfondren at hostgator.com> wrote:

> Weird, it works for me (rotd-2019-06-13, but any version should work).
>
> I think it doesn't make any difference in this test, but I suggest
> normally compiling with -O5 --intermodule-optimisation.
> I don't know if -O6 ever gets tested.

Not often; the optimizations enabled at the level tend to result in code
bloat (e.g. inlining allocation routines).  You have to be a bit careful
with -O5 too  -- for some time the fastest settings for the Mercury
compiler itself were -O4 --intermodule-optimization (I haven't checked
that recently though.)

Julien.