[m-users.] Java grade missing!!?!?

emacstheviking objitsu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 20:13:58 AEST 2019

I have a github build running:

*Mercury Compiler, version DEV, on x86_64-pc-linux-gnuCopyright (C)
1993-2012 The University of MelbourneCopyright (C) 2013-2019 The Mercury
teamUsage: mmc [<options>] <arguments>Use `mmc --help' for more
information.*

mmc --make --target java gives me:
*Use of Boehm GC is incompatible with target language Java*

but using
*mmc --make --grade java j1*
I get:

Making Java class files
Mercury/javas/jmercury/j1.java:51: error: package jmercury.runtime does not
exist
    jmercury.runtime.JavaInternal.progname = "j1";
                    ^
Mercury/javas/jmercury/j1.java:52: error: package jmercury.runtime does not
exist
    jmercury.runtime.JavaInternal.args = args;
                    ^
Mercury/javas/jmercury/j1.java:53: error: package jmercury.runtime does not
exist
    jmercury.runtime.JavaInternal.exit_status = 0;
                    ^
Mercury/javas/jmercury/j1.java:54: error: cannot find symbol
    library.ML_std_library_init();
    ^
  symbol:   variable library
  location: class j1
Mercury/javas/jmercury/j1.java:55: error: cannot find symbol
... error log truncated, see `j1.err' for the complete log.

So I don't know if I have not got the Java grade or there is some other
issue. The man page doesn't seem to mention a "list all the available
grades". I just git pulled the latest from the repo so I am ready to build
again and I would like to have:
  - hlc
  - erlang
  - java
  - c#

My configuration incantation the last time I built was:

*./configure --enable-libgrades=hlc.gc,none.gc.stseg,none.gc.debug.stseg*

I am not sure what options to pass for erlang, java and c# as they probably
don't use the Boehm GC either...

TIA,
Sean.