[m-users.] Why can't `det` be used where `multi` is expected.

Zoltan Somogyi zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com
Tue Aug 6 17:09:56 AEST 2019

On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 12:17:17 +1000 (AEST), Julien Fischer <jfischer at opturion.com> wrote:
> IIRC, the nicer formatting is a post 14.01 thing.

I added formatting of insts in error messages on 2015 Nov 29.
It took me about a day to do on top of earlier infrastructure
that earlier took about two weeks to do.

I never understood why the gcc/g++ maintainers never did anything
similar. They went to considerable trouble to generate error messages
that put an arrow under *exactly* the start of the code the error message
complains about, but (last time I was working on C++ code) the formatting
of the error description itself lacked all structure.

Zoltan.