[m-users.] Mercury Crash Course

Peter Wang novalazy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 12:05:50 AEST 2019

On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 11:41:50 +1000 (AEST), Julien Fischer <jfischer at opturion.com> wrote:

> > Unrelated to the crash course, but related to learning material: I
> > imagine this mailing list has a lot of questions that have been answered
> > (from my short experience in the past couple days, the answers are high
> > quality as well). The website says that the archives are searchable,
> >
> > - but I don't know how to without finding some other websites that index
> > - mailing lists.
>
> There's a search bar for the mailing lists about half way down the
> following page: <http://www.mercurylang.org/contact.html>.
> (That just forwards all the work to Google, but does safe a bit of
> typing.)

We should consider replacing Pipermail with Hyperkitty,
as the Pipermail interface to the mailing list archive is just bad.
The demo instance of Hyperkitty looks *fairly* clean and has search:
https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/mailman-users@mailman3.org/

I don't know what the migration would involve.

Peter