[m-users.] Mercury Crash Course

Julian Fondren jfondren at minimaltype.com
Mon Aug 5 15:14:50 AEST 2019

On 2019-08-02 20:14, Julian Fondren wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I've posted a Mercury tutorial here:
>
> https://mercury-in.space/crash.html

After some feedback, I added a final chapter to hopefully make the
language seem less scary. After some more documents are written
(so, not for a good while) I'll prepend a corresponding wind-up
chapter to encourage some preparation.

Preparation, something like:

- Mercury requirements
   - a development environment
   - recursion
   - logic
   - the ML type system
   - higher order programming

In the meantime, how about more examples in the reference manual?
Or in a companion document to it. Existing sources of examples like
Rosetta Code or the mmc distribution just aren't that useful when
you're trying to understand a particular part of the language,
because it's so hard to search for uses of that specific part.