[m-users.] New Debian packages

Paul Bone paul at bone.id.au
Sun Nov 18 16:54:34 AEDT 2018

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 08:22:43PM +1100, Paul Bone wrote:

> I've made some new Debian packages.
>
> It's basically the same source package as before which worked on the old
> version of Debian.
>
> But now it's the same Mercury 14.01.1 but packaged for Debian stretch (and
> should also work on Ubuntu 18.04).  It uses the reg.gc grade since the C
> compiler on these distros is too new.

I've just added Mercury ROTD 2018-11-14.  The packages begin with
mercury-rotd rather than mercury so that you won't be automatically upgraded
off of the stable versions.  Debian will refuse to install both at the same
time (by design).  amd64 only for now, i386 is failing to build.

http://dl1.mercurylang.org/deb/

Good luck.

Does anyone care about older Debian-like systems, like jessie or Ubuntu
16.04?  I've only done these for stretch and don't have any need to backport
them myself, if someone else would like this I'll try.

--
Paul Bone
http://paul.bone.id.au