[m-users.] Support installing Mercury

Charles Shuller charles.shuller at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 04:32:25 AEDT 2018

Failures during an install on linux are usually because you don't have root
permissions.

Most typically you do something like:  "sudo make install" which makes the
process run as root.

If you are using Debian (and possibly ubuntu) you will probably have better
luck with the package found at:  http://dl.mercurylang.org/deb/

Otherwise, the following should get you want you want:  "./configure
--prefix=/usr/local && make && sudo make install"

Which will install mercury in the system path so everything works correctly
from the command line without any extra work.   If you install it in
"/usr/local/mercury-<version>" you will need to adjust the path yourself.

Cheers!

Charles