[m-users.] Bug Report Mercury-14.01.1 Shared Memories access

Zoltan Somogyi zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com
Wed Jun 7 10:51:59 AEST 2017

On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 17:04:54 -0700, Robert Buckley <rbuckley at ieee.org> wrote:
> I too suspect the needed grade is not installed. You
> can see from the list of 10 installed grades what's
> there, but the file was compiled two years ago on a
> different system and I don't know what grades it had.

You need to recompile the program. The two systems may have
different sets of grades installed, and even if they have the same set,
they may have them installed in different places.

> I tried to recompile but it told me that there was
> nothing to compile. Perhaps I can make a trivial change
> to the file and recompile.

Touching all the source files involved and remaking will do the trick.

> How does one know or find out what grade is used when
> compiling when no particular grade has been specified?

On Unix, the command "nm executable | egrep MR_grade"
should tell you, if the executable hasn't been stripped.

Zoltan.