[m-users.] Compiling on Windows 10 with Mercury 14.01 (Visual Studio 2013 32bit)

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Tue Mar 29 15:52:40 AEDT 2016

Hi,

On Mon, 28 Mar 2016, hao ramirez wrote:

> Hello!
>
> First time posting here, really interested in learning about Mercury
> but absolutely clueless as to getting it setup on Windows 10.

The package you are using below was built against Windows 7; I'm not
sure if it will work on Windows 10 or not.

> First of all, is there a good tutorial for setting Mercury up on
> Windows 7-10 I could look at? I can't seem to find anything to help
> with the missing directories problem I am currently having.

You need to invoke the compiler via one of the batch files mercury.bat
or mmc.bat so that the environment variables that tell the compiler
where to find the standard library are set.  (The errors you are seeing
are the compiler essentially saying that it cannot find the standard
library.)

> Secondly, how exactly would I compile this hello world example, if
> saved as hello.m?

>From the start menu do:

     Visual Studio 2013
         ---> Visual Studio Tools
           ---> Developer Command Prompt for VS2013

Then do:

     cd C:\mercury-14.01\vs2013\bin
     mercmd.bat

Then you should be able to compile hello.m by doing,

     mercury hello.m

or

     mmc hello.m

Julien.