[m-users.] explaining index use

Daniels, Marcus G mdaniels at lanl.gov
Fri Jul 22 09:24:32 AEST 2016

Tomas wrote:

"As nobody else has replied, I offer my suggestion: forget about fact tables and write your own indexing code."

Ok, thanks for the reality check.  I thought I must be doing something wrong with the fact table feature.   Also, besides the C compiler time and memory cost (which I could absorb), having many-way indexing of the fact table (many modes) seems to get slower in a worse than linear way.    It doesn't even get to producing the C code for a many hours.

Thanks,

Marcus