[m-users.] C/C++ Programmers Intro to Mercury Slides

Tomas By tomas at basun.net
Wed Jul 6 08:13:49 AEST 2016

Hello,

My immediate question is: did you have any success at all communicating
anything useful about Mercury to people who only knew C[++] ?

A couple of comments: `purely functional' may have some conventional
meaning I guess, but I am not sure what `purely logical' would mean, and
it seems contradictory to say Mercury is both `purely X' and `purely Y'

Also, it might be better to talk about pattern matching rather than
unification. Two sides of the same coin, or something, but the former
seems more intuitively graspable.

/Tomas