[m-users.] installing Mercury on Ubuntu

Francis Grizzly Smit grizzly at smit.id.au
Tue Jun 23 09:31:19 AEST 2015

On 23/06/15 09:18, Tomas By wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You do not need an existing Mercury installation.
>
> Just unpack the sources and say
>
>    ./configure
>    make
>    make install
>
> /Tomas

I do

./configure
make
sudo checkinstall

checkinstall does make install and then  makes a debian/ubuntu pakage
out off the install and installs that, so you get the best of both
worlds. it does ask you about including stuff that was put in your home
directory you just exclude that, as you don't want or need it, works
fine with mercury for me, on both 32 bit and 64 bit machines.

have fun