[m-users.] Basic Unit Test Framework

Dirk Ziegemeyer dirk at ziegemeyer.de
Mon Jul 13 05:59:48 AEST 2015

Hello Charles,

> Am 11.07.2015 um 23:16 schrieb Charles Shuller <charles.shuller at gmail.com>:
>
> I started on a unit test framework, and would very much appreciate a code review of any level of formality:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/charles_shuller/mercury_unit/overview
>
> You can see how tests are written and executed in the tests directory.

Can I use your unit test framework to test predicates with an arbitrary number of arguments and modes?

In my own little unit test module (attached), I use different test predicates for this purpose because I didn’t find another solution yet.

E.g.

1. testPred/7 to  to test a predicate that takes two input parameters and either succeeds or fails.

2. testPredio/6 to test a predicate that takes one input parameter and returns one output parameter.

3. testPrediio/7 to test a predicate that takes two input parameters and returns one output parameter.

4. testDCG/6 to test a DCG parser predicate that returns a parsing result

Best regards,

Dirk