[m-users.] uncaught Mercury exception using mdprof_create_feedback

Matthias Guedemann matthias.guedemann at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 29 00:35:17 AEST 2014

Dear all,

I am using mmc version 14.01.1, trying to use the implicit parallelism
feature.

My program looks roughly like this:

,----
| main(!IO) :-
|     (( prepareGraph(E1),
|        G1 = createGraph(E1),
|        R1 = analyseGraph(G1)),
|      ( prepareGraph(E2),
|        G2 = createGraph(E2),
|        R2 = analyseGraph(G2)),
|      ( prepareGraph(E3),
|        G3 = createGraph(E3),
|        R3 = analyseGraph(G3))
|     ),
|     some IO on results
`----

This works without problems, I can also execute the three independent
conjunction groups using parallel-AND in the asm_fast.par.gc.stseg grade
with 300% CPU usage. But when I use

% mmc --deep-profiling --profile-for-feedback

mdprof_create_feedback chokes on the created Deep.data file. I always
get the error:

,----
| Uncaught Mercury exception:
| Software Error: measurements: predicate `measurements.check_total_calls'/3: Unexpected: TotalCalls \= CallsA + CallsB
| Stack dump not available in this grade.
`----

when using

% mdprof_create_feedback --implicit-parallelism Deep.data feedback.data

What am I doing wrong?

best regards
Matthias