[m-users.] installation failure (Mercury 14.01)

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Sat Aug 2 16:34:46 AEST 2014

Hi Tomas,

On Sat, 2 Aug 2014, Tomas By wrote:

> I tried to install using these options:
>
> ./configure --enable-java-grade --enable-agc-grades --enable-hlc-prof-grades
>
> and got this:
>
> make[2]: *** [array.c_date] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [benchmarking.c_date] Error 1
> make[2]: *** wait: No child processes.  Stop.
> To clean up from failed install, remove
> /usr/local/src/mercury-srcdist-14.01/install_grade_dir.hlc.agc
> make[1]: *** [install_grades] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/mercury-srcdist-14.01'
> make: *** [install] Error 2
>
> (Ubuntu, 64 bit)

It's a bit hard to see what's wrong there, since that's just the output
from mmake.  (The actual error would be in one of the *.err files in the
install_grade_dir.hlc.agc/library directory.)  Trying to install hlc.agc
on my own system shows that there is a compiler abort in the MLDS
backend when compiling some of the standard library modules in that
grade.

Why do you want to install the agc grades at all?  They've never
progressed to the point where they are useful for anything and should
still be considered highly experimental.

Cheers,
Julien.