[m-users.] Stackoverflow from --intermodule-optimisation

Michael Day mikeday at yeslogic.com
Wed Sep 25 20:36:06 AEST 2013

> (1) Is LCMC causing performance degredation in some cases?  (Based on
> comments in this thread, the answer seems to be yes.)

Prince runs slightly faster with the optimisation enabled, although
there are some stress tests we can't try if it is disabled, due to the
stack overflow.

However, in the past we have rewritten some code with this optimisation
in mind during performance profiling, so it might be a biased test.

What about the Mercury compiler itself?

Cheers,

Michael

--