[m-users.] Stackoverflow from --intermodule-optimisation

Michael Day mikeday at yeslogic.com
Tue Sep 24 14:08:41 AEST 2013

Hi Paul,

> So in this case, by performing intermodule optimisation, we've prevented the
> standard library's compilation options form affecting the compilation of a
> predicate whose definition comes from the standard library.

Unfortunate. But apart from during compiler development, is there any
time when a user would *not* want to enable the constructor last call
optimisation?

It seems that it can only ever improve the generated code, and the extra
time / memory usage would only be linear in the code size, so is there
any reason not to enable it by default?

Cheers,

Michael

--