[m-users.] Reference Manual

Paul Bone paul at bone.id.au
Sat Oct 5 13:18:54 AEST 2013

On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 11:43:17AM -0700, Delmas Buckley wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there an older version of the reference manual available that has a list
> of contents and page numbers? If so, how do I get it?

Hi Delmas,

The table of contents in the PDF versions of all the manuals was
unintentionally missing.  We've corrected the mistake in our build system
and in the PDFs that are currently available for download.

If you want historical documentation, rather than simply getting old
documents so that they contain a working table of contents, then it can be
generated by any of the source distributions on the download site
http://dl.mercurylang.org/index.html

After checking out the source and running ./configure, cd into the doc/
directory and issue the following:

    mmake realclean
    mmake pdf

The realclean step is a work around for the bug that we've just fixed,
future source distributions won't need this.  You will need mmake to run
these commands, if you haven't installed Mercury yet then a copy should
exists at scripts/mmake of your configured source distribution.

Please let us know if we can offer any further help.

--
Paul Bone
http://www.bone.id.au