[m-users.] Installing a subset of built grades

Mark Green p0073857 at brookes.ac.uk
Wed May 29 22:25:28 AEST 2013

Yes, I do mean the non-C grades. Specifically, the csharp grade seemed to fail due to looking for files in the Windows execution path for the MingW shell rather than in the active directory within MingW. I tried building a new shortcut to start the MingW shell in the Mercury srcdist directory but so far I haven't been able to test it because of the long time taken to get to the csharp grade.

The Erlang grade fails with a file not found error when building the first beam file. I tried enabling verbose-commands as before; I don't have the log to hand right now, though.

Just to clarify I am talking about restarting an install that failed midway through, not one that was configured with a smaller number of grades. I ran configure and make with all grades enabled but make install failed after installing the C grades. It's really awkward if I really have to just sit and wait while asm_fast.gc etc are built only for the installer to report that all the files are unchanged and just delete all the work it did in the last two hours :(

Mark