[m-users.] Adding a command line option

Mark Green mgreen at brookes.ac.uk
Tue Jul 30 03:57:54 AEST 2013

Hi,

The problem I've had is that when mmc calls erlc, it passes it two relative
paths in the -I and -O options.

This causes a problem if mmc is running within MSYS under Windows, because
the Windows erlc - being a full blown Windows program, not an MSYS one -
will interpret those paths relative to the current Windows directory, not
to the current MSYS/bash directory, which might not be the same. If they
are not the same then erlc will fail to find the paths and abort.

The change I wanted to make was to calculate the current absolute paths and
pass those to erlc rather than the relative paths, so that it does not
matter which directory erlc considers its base directory.

Mark