[m-users.] Windows binary package for Mercury 13.05.1

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Mon Aug 19 14:02:08 AEST 2013

Hi all,

We have built a binary package for Mercury 13.05.1 for Windows.  This may be
useful if you want to try out Mercury on Windows and do not want to build it
yourself.  The package includes everything required for using Mercury (
including the MinGW port of GCC 4.6.2), except for a Java and a C# compiler.

The library grades included in the distribution are:

     asm_fast.gc                 (default)
     asm_fast.gc.debug
     asm_fast.gc.decldebug
     asm_fast.gc.memprof
     asm_fast.gc.trseg
     asm_fast.gc.trseg.debug
     asm_fast.par.gc.stseg
     hlc.gc
     hlc.gc.trseg
     hlc.par.gc
     java
     csharp

To use the java or csharp grades you will need make sure there is a Java or C#
compiler in your PATH.  (These were built against Java 1.7 and version 4.0.0 of
the .NET libraries, I'm not sure how compatible they are with other versions.)

The package installs a desktop shortcut that starts a command prompt with the
environment set up for Mercury.

Note that Mercury will be installed in the directory C:\mercury-13.05.1.  This
cannot be changed.

The installer for the binary package is available from our downloads page.
(It's at the very bottom of the page, you may need to scroll down to see it.)

Cheers,
Julien.