[mercury-users] Loads of failed tests compiling 11.07.2

Julien Fischer juliensf at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Oct 16 17:27:51 AEDT 2012

Hi,

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012, Michael Richter wrote:

> I'm guessing that 209 failures is not expected here.

No.

> I made this with mmake -j3 in a freshly-untarred directory from the 11.07.2
> test files.  Any guidance on how to debug this farther?

You need to look at why they are failing.  For each failed test
there should be a log file (in the corresponding test directory),
named <test-name>.log.  The contents of that file should give you some
idea of what is going wrong -- that file should contain a diff between
the actual and expected outputs (assuming that things got as far as
producing output).  The outputs and a gzipped copy of the executable
that produced them should also be preserved for any failing tests.

I would note that a lot of the failures, ~60, are declarative debugger
tests, which IIRC should be disabled in the asm_fast.gc grade.

What sort of machine did you run this on?

Cheers,
Julien.