[mercury-users] Re: Fwd: Tools, binaries, bootstrapping, ontologies

Paul Bone pbone at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Tue May 29 11:56:08 AEST 2012

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 10:02:47PM +0200, Gabor Bakos wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    I have tried to contact the users mailing list multiple times (email,
> through gmane news) without success. Is there a problem with it? (I see
> only one message on the web archive of it
> <http://www.mercury.csse.unimelb.edu.au/mailing-lists/mercury-users/mercury-users.201205/index.html>,
> although in gmane.comp.lang.mercury.general there seems to be others.)
> Thanks, gabor

We'll look into that.

There are a lot of targets, as you suggest.

Our solution is to bootstrap through a C compiler, such as GCC.

The tarballs that you'll find on the website have pre-built C code.  They will
use that to build the compiler if you don't already have a Mercury compiler
installed.

A C compiler _is_ a requirement.

> Are there IDEs available for Mercury? [1] suggests very limited support
> only. Are there any improvements since?

There is vim syntax highlighting support.  Once you download Mercury there is a
vim subdirectory with the files.  There's nothing else at this stage, we
encourage contributions :-)

> Are there preferred Mercury libraries around for ontology handling?

Not that I'm aware of.

> Is there a wiki, or that kind of thing related to Mercury development?

No, but I agree this is a good idea.