[mercury-users] Disruption to Mercury project during CIS department move

Julien Fischer juliensf at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Fri May 18 17:02:41 AEST 2012

Hi,

On Thu, 3 May 2012, Julien Fischer wrote:

> We are moving buildings this weekend (from the afternoon of May 4).  As such,
> various servers used by the Mercury project may not be available until some
> time next week.
>
> The following will be affected:
>
>   * www.mercury.csse.unimelb.edu.au
>   * ftp.mercury.csse.unimelb.edu.au
>   * bugs.mercury.csse.unimelb.edu.au
>   * cvs.mercury.csse.unimelb.edu.au
>   * Machines used for testing and development: taura, eris, goofy, neptune,
>     dysnomia.
>
> Anonymous access to the CVS repository will not be available during the move;
> ssh access should still be possible (modulo any network issues related to the
> move) to those who have accounts on departmental servers that have access to
> the /home/mercury filesystem.
>
> We intend to provide an mirror of some of the WWW and FTP sites over the
> duration of the move.  Normal service should be resumed sometime next week.

The WWW site, FTP site and bug database are now fully available again.
Up-to-date ROTDs should be available from some time tomorrow morning.

Anonymous CVS access to CVS is still *not* available and I do not expect
that it will be back anytime soon.

Ssh access to CVS needs to be done via uranus.cis.unimelb.edu.au rather
than cvs.mercury.csse.unimelb.edu.au -- that will only work if you had
an existing account on that cvs.mercury, i.e. you were already a developer
who had write access to the repository.

Julien.