[mercury-users] Compiler Construction and Expert Systems

Alexsandro Soares prof.asoares at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 02:23:33 AEDT 2012

Hi all,

   I'm considering to use Mercury for an undergraduate project mixing
Compiler Construction and Intelligent Tutoring System. I have the following
doubts:
1 - Is Mercury compiler a good tool for compiler construction? Is there any
generator for lexical and/or syntactic analysers built specifically for
Mercury? If not, is easy integrate tools like flex and bison with Mercury?
2 - How much harder is it to do an expert system engine in Mercury compared
to Prolog? Is there any metaprogramming technique available in Mercury,
maybe using something like op/3 as in Prolog?

If possible, I would like some references to articles, books or source code
related to compiler construction or expert systems made in Mercury.

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Sincerely,
Alex