[mercury-users] Problems building with Erlang grade

Snooty Monkey sean at snootymonkey.com
Tue Jun 19 01:24:01 AEST 2012

Any chance that rather than fixing those behind the scene issues the source couldn't just be moved to something more modern and open, like GitHub? Would likely get more visibility, community involvement, people submitting pull requests, people submitting issues (GitHub issues is easy to use for all involved). Etc. etc.

It's free. The project wouldn't lose any control, could still limit write access to the same committers as have access today. Git is fully distributed each copy has the full repo history, so the University isn't at the behest of GitHub. If GitHub went away tomorrow nothing is lost.

It's a suggestion. As is, with self-hosted (currently broken) CVS, the project really feels like it's stuck back in the 1990's when it was created.

Cheers,
Sean

Sean Johnson - Founder

sean at snootymonkey.com, @snootymonkey on Twitter