[mercury-users] Exchanging 'rules' between OCaml and Mercury

Julien Fischer juliensf at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Jun 8 18:57:05 AEST 2011

On Tue, 7 Jun 2011, Guillaume Yziquel wrote:

> (By the way, I see that Mercury is GPL.

Only parts of the Mercury system are GPL (version 2).  Specifically,
the compiler, profilers, and tools like mslice, mdice, mcov etc are
GPL.

The Mercury runtime and standard libraries are licensed under the LGPL
*not* the GPL.

The full license details for the components in the Mercury system
are listed at the top of the main README file.

> Does the GPL licence extend to the generated code?

No.

> Would my compiler be GPL? More importantly, if my
> compiler generates Mercury code, would the generated code be GPL?)

No.

Julien.