[mercury-users] Error detection rate in Mercury vs Other Languages (esp C++ and Python)

Chris King colanderman at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 10:23:59 AEDT 2011

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Peter Ross <pro at missioncriticalit.com> wrote:
> What does catch me out is the following
>
> map.det_lookup(Map, "key1", V)
> ... lots more code ...
> map.det_lookup(Map, "key2", V)

Ahh good example.  I hadn't thought of that particular case.

> On 3 December 2011 08:05, Chris King <colanderman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you compile is the asm_fast.gc.decldebug grade?

At first, no (I was using --trace deep), and I occasionally got
assertion failures due to not using .decldebug (i.e. missed final
events), but I got the same result (minus the assertion failures)
afterward.

To check my sanity I downloaded the test suite and ran the decldebug
tests; they all passed.  So there's some odd interaction between my
code and dd; I'll try to track it down and post a bug report (or fix
my code!) later.

- Chris